Why Choose the Yoga LoftThe Yoga Loft is more than a place to take a class. We are a community and the studio is home. Dedicated to yoga, we are committed to making your yoga experience one that meets your needs. From our ample supply of props to easy check in and payment processes, your experience will be satisfying. Owner managed and community minded, we know that each student who comes to our studio has a unique reason for embarking on the path of yoga. Healing a back injury? Stressed out? Looking for strength and flexibility? Craving health? Wanting to connect more deeply into a meaningful practice? Looking to give your children tools to develop personal insight and awareness? You will find it here- yoga that meets you at your place. Come as you are- start where you’re at.
Our VisionThe Yoga Loft is a community of teachers and students, exploring yoga together as a path to health, happiness and wholeness. Kids, adults and families come to the Yoga Loft to quiet their minds, nurture their bodies and connect into a deep sense of peace. As we develop our practices on the mat, we expand our awareness off the mat and learn to honour our own needs and those of the greater world around us. As a collective community we care for ourselves, each other, our youth, and our world.
Our second-floor studio, located in downtown Kamloops in a 1927 heritage building, is bright and spacious and invites a sense of ease and freedom.
Service In the CommunityContributing to the health of our community is an essential part of who we are- The Yoga Loft is about people coming together to learn from and support each other and grow together. Donation-based classes and special events are one way we share back. Proceeds from these events will be used to provide yoga mats to classrooms and non-profits dedicated to serving youth in our community, and to pay for yoga, meditation and mindfulness related activities for kids who need space to get grounded.
Yoga Loft Retail Offerings!
We are offer a variety of yoga related goods including mats, blocks, books, straps, mat cleaner, yoga mat bags, bolsters and blankets. We also offer- from Mala Imports and Ahimsa Om – beautiful mala necklaces and bracelets that will inspire you to dive into the contemplative aspect of your practice. Come visit us to find the piece that inspires you! Our mats are supplied by Manduka and Halfmoon. Our bolsters, blocks and other props are also from Halfmoon. Global Goddess supplies our mat cleaner and other essential oils. You might want to check out our Halfmoon lavender eye pillows- the perfect gift to accompany a Yoga Loft gift card for your mom or a friend for a birthday or mother’s day. Our beautiful gift card and envelope set is available in studio, or you can purchase and print one online. Drop by the studio Monday to Friday 12-2pm or before or after any of our classes.
More reasons to choose The Yoga Loft
- One year expiry dates on cards and passes.
- Secure online system so you can choose to register, save your space in class, and pay online, as well as check how many classes are left on your pass. There is no risk of your pass being lost.
- We have lots of yoga classes to choose from and a skilled group of teachers who offer classes to suit a variety of practice levels and needs from gentle to moderate and more intense.
- An active, thriving studio that is owner managed and staffed with a committed, diverse and community oriented teachers.
- Bright and beautiful environment.
- A studio that is genuinely committed to creating a space for yoga in the community.
- Centrally located in downtown Kamloops, close to everything but just far enough away from the hub that you can easily find parking on the street, in parking lots or in the parkade (free on weekends).